Wednesday 25 June 2008

speeding

Last night as I was walking home post-holiday from the station with my cunning little trundle-along case behind me, a man sped past on the opposite pavement. He was doing a fair old rate of knots, and he was on a scooter. A push along scooter.

I know they were v hip for kids and young adults about 10 years ago, but seriously...this guy was 40 ish. and was speeding. on a scooter.

(nb: I couldn't write this last night because a) I inadvertantly had to spend the evening helping my housemate repack her bag into a hand luggage size case and arguing over the number of pairs of pants one needs to take for a 10 day trip and b) I'd forgotten that these things were called scooters, so I had to look it up on argos online. the first one that came up in google was a barbie 'inline' scooter. it is pink and has a slide out compartment under the scooter for your make up.)

No comments: